Asus has updated ZenFone 3 Max (ZC553KL) to Android 7.1.1 Nougat. The OTA (over the air) update (build 14.0200.1704.119) starts rolling out and users will get the update notification on their device in the coming days. ZenFone 3 Max owners can also install the update manually by downloading the firmware (ZC553KL_ WW_14.0200.1704.119). Check out the below guide to know how to update Zenfone 3 Max to Android 7.1.1 Nougat with official firmware.
The official ZenTalk forum does not reveal the full changelog of this update. However, it will include new features, enhanced ZenUI, performance boost, general bug fixes and latest security patches. The new Nougat update comes with build number 14.0200.1704.119 and you will receive the OTA notification for this update soon.
Because the OTA update is rolled out in phases, it will take a week or more to get the update notification on all Zenfone Max3 (ZC553KL). You can manually check the update by going go to Settings > About > System Update > and check for update manually.
If the update is available, follow the instructions to install the Android 7.1.1 Nougat update on Zenfone 3 Max.
1. Make sure at least 2.5 GB free space on the internal storage
2. Once update is available, tap on the notification to download the update.
3. Once download is completed, a pop-up to install the update will appear. Tap Install to continue.
4. The device will reboot twice during the installation of the update. Please do not turn off the device until the home screen appears.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Note: This guide is for Zenfone Max ZC553KL and SKU WW. Do not install the firmware on other SKU (CN, TW, etc.). Check it by going to Settings > About > software information > Build number and see the software version for WW, CN, JP, etc.
Note: Before proceeding with below steps, back up every data you have on the phone. Also, make sure at least 2.5 GB free space remaining on the SD card.
2. Boot your phone into recovery mode (Switch off the phone and turn on by pressing Power + Volume Up buttons together).
3. In recovery, choose Apply update from sd card and then select the firmware zip file.
4. After completing the installation, reboot your phone.
Enjoy Android 7.1.1 Nougat, new ZenUI and other new features. Leave your views in the comment section below (Source)