OnePlus rolls out new software update for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T through OxygenOS Open Beta channel. OxygenOS Open Beta 39 for the OnePlus 3 and Open Beta 30 for the OnePlus 3T are now available with improved performance, optimizations and the update also bring ‘New installs’ category tag in App drawer.
If you have already installed latest version of OxygenOS Open Beta, you will receive this new build as an OTA. If you are not on the Oxygen OS Open Beta, but would like to try it out, then you need to download the full ROM and flash it manually. Below is what is now in this update.
– Improved search tags in App drawer
– Added “New installs” category tag in App drawer
– Improved app list for hidden space and toolbox
– Optimized switching between front and rear camera
– Added capability to scrub/seek through AAC audio file timelines
To remind you, as per OnePlus new software update policy, the two-year old OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T are likely to receive software updates until November 2018. Therefore, you can expect new features and fixes in the coming months too.
Comes to the new update, if you have not received the OTA notification for this update yet, you may use the app “Oxygen Updater” to get it or download the latest build from OnePlus download page here and flash it either through stock recovery or TWRP custom recovery.
How to Install OxygenOS Open Beta on OnePlus 3 and 3T
Note: It requires a full install and clean flash, so backup important data on the phone.
– Download OxygenOS Open Beta zip file and place it on internal storage of your device
– Reboot to stock Recovery (press Power + Volume Down buttons after switching off the phone)
– In recovery, wipe Cache
– Now, choose “Install from internal storage” find your .zip file and flash it
– Your device will reboot automatically after installing the OS.
Note that, once you migrate to OxygenOS open beta you will not get official OTA for stable release. You will need to manually flash the stable update to get stable OTA update. (Source)