OnePlus One users can now enjoy Android 6.0 Marshmallow on their device unofficially by installing Android 6.0 OmniROM. Though there is no massive interface overhaul, Android 6.0 brings many exciting features like new permission system, new power management system (Doze) that kills the background activity when the device is sitting idle, Google Now On Tap, etc. and improves overall user experience.
OnePlus One users who are excited to tryout the Android 6.0 Marshmallow on their device, an unofficial build of Android 6.0 OmniROM is available now. In this guide, we will let you know how to update OnePlus One to Android 6.0 Marshmallow with OmniROM.
Android 6.0 OmniROM is an unofficial build and the ROM status is experimental, however, most things are working fine, except random Wi-Fi MAC issue.
To install Android 6.0 OmniROM, your OnePlus One should have root access and latest version of TWRP custom recovery installed on it. Do not forget to back up every data on your phone before installing the ROM.
Note: Please note that current version of the ROM is an experimental, which means it might have many bugs that have not been fixed yet, so it cannot be used as a daily driver.
How to Install Android 6.0 OmniROM on OnePlus One
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Though we are putting our level best to provide this tutorial at its maximum perfection and accuracy, we can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
1. Download latest version of Android 6.0 OmniROM zip file [HERE] and save it on your phone’s internal storage.
2. Download Android 6.0 compatible Gapps (Google apps) [HERE] and save it on your phone’s internal storage.
3. Now boot your OnePlus One into TWRP recovery mode. To do so, power off the device and then press and hold Volume Down and Power button together.
4. From TWRP recovery, select Wipe and then swipe to Factory Reset Option to wipe cache and dalvik cache.
5. Now, select Install, choose the OmniROM.zip file (you have saved on the phone in the first step), then select Add more zips, then choose GApps.zip file and Swipe to start installing.
6. Once the installation process is finished, once again wipe Cache and Dalvik cache, and then reboot your phone.
First boot will take some time, so be patient. Enjoy Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your OnePlus One. (Source – XDA)