Finally, Samsung Galaxy S6 has also got official LineageOS support. The team released nightly build of LinageOS 14.1 for the device, which is based on the Android 7.1.2 Nougat. The international variant Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F (zerofltexx) owners can now enjoy the most popular custom ROM on their device. Also, they can expect Android 8.1 Oreo based LineageOS 15.1 for the device anytime soon.
Interested Galaxy S6 (SM-G920F) owners can install the official LineageOS 14.1 on their device and experience its features right now. Samsung has already updated Galaxy S6 to Nougat with January 2018 security patches, but most probably the device will not get the latest Android Oreo from Samsung.
The below guide describes how to install LineageOS 14.1 Nightly on Galaxy S6 SM-G920F. Note that nightly builds are unfinished ROM, so it might include few bugs and issues. However, previous experience shows that the nightly builds are usually reliable, if you are ready to face few issues.
– At least 50% battery charge remaining in your phone
– Latest version of TWRP recovery installed on your phone (guide)
How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Galaxy S6
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. Boot S6 into TWRP (Power off, press Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously)
3. In TWRP, select Backup option and create a Nadroid backup (it is necessary to restore your current ROM)
4. Return to main TWRP menu, select Wipe, go to Advanced Wipe and wipe cache, dalvik cache, system, and data (Swipe to confirm the action).
5. Now, in main TWRP menu, select Install, locate the ROM zip file and swipe to install. Once it is finished, flash the GApps zip file as well.
6. Once done and before booting, select Wipe and wipe cache & dalvik cache and then reboot your device.