Xiaomi Redmi 4 is an entry-level Android phone which now gets Android 8.1 Oreo via Resurrection Remix v6.0.0. The development team just released RR-O-v6.0.0 build for the device (code-named santoni), which brings stock UI, various customizations, new features and more. This is a nightly build, so minor bugs are expected in this build.
Interested users can download and flash Resurrection Remix v6.0.0 ROM on their handset via TWRP custom recovery. If you are not aware on how to install custom ROM on your Redmi 4/4X, then check out the guide below. However, since this is a custom ROM, you may experience some unknown bugs.
Resurrection Remix Oreo ROM is comes with several customizations and features. You can tweak most part of the system to make it unique. You can also enjoy various gestures, animations, and many more.
Before jump into the installation process, make a backup of your entire data. Also, ensure more than 50% battery charge remaining on the phone to prevent any accidental shut down during the installation process.
How to Install Custom ROM on Redmi 4/4X
2. Boot your phone into TWRP (Hold Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously).
3. In TWRP recovery, select Backup and create a Nandroid backup (recommended).
4. Back to main menu, select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe. Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
5. Back to main menu, and then select Install. Navigate to /sdcard, and select the ROM .zip package.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package. Once done, install Gapps zip file also.
7. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.
Any question? Leave it in the comment section below.