The build quality of iPhones is excellent, so they are virtually free from all types of defects. However, issues related to software updates sometimes will plague the device. For example, unresponsive touchscreen issue that hit several iPhone models after a recent iOS 14 updates. If your iPhone is not reacting to your touches, here are a few workarounds to fix it.
The unresponsive touchscreen issue hit several iPhone models after the release of the iOS 14 update. It includes iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus, and the iPhone X series. Some iPhone 12 users have also reported touchscreen ghosts or unresponsive issues on their devices.
As per reports, the issue has affected a small area of the display, specifically on corners. If you are facing this issue, here are a few workarounds shared by iPhone users.
Workarounds to Fix Unresponsive Touchscreen issue on iPhone
1. Reset iPhone Settings:
Resetting the iOS 14 settings probably will fix the unresponsive touchscreen issue on iPhone. Here is how it is.
- Open the Settings app, tap on the General option and choose the Reset menu.
- Enter your passcode, and tap Reset settings to confirm.
2. Disable Slide to Type Feature of Keyboard:
The Slide to Type feature of the iOS 14 allows you to swipe across your keyboard to type. Disabling this feature helped some users to resolve the touchscreen issue.
- Open the Settings app, head over to the General option, and tap on the Keyboard menu.
- Next, scroll down, and tap on Slide to Type and disable it.
3. Enable Auto-correction:
If you disabled the autocorrect option on the keyboard, enable it to see whether the unresponsive touchscreen issue fixed or not. It helped many users to resolve the issue.
- To do that, open the Settings app on your iPhone and select the General option.
- Next, tap on the Keyboard menu and turn on the Auto-Correction feature.
4. Unlink Bluetooth devices:
Unlinking Bluetooth devices helped some iPhone users to fix their touchscreen unresponsive issues. If you have connected any device to your iPhone via Bluetooth, disconnect it.
As it is software related issue, Apple will fix it via a software update. So, these are the steps to fix touchscreen unresponsive issue on iPhone running on iOS 14.
- Fix Network Drop/No Service Issue on iPhone Run iOS 14.5 Beta
- Fix for iPhone Take Screenshots Automatically After iOS 14 Update
- Facebook Live Stream Not Working on iPhone/iPad With External Mic