Facebook Live is an ideal way to share what you are doing in real-time. You can stream to your Facebook profile, Groups, Pages, or Event pages right from Android or iPhone, and followers can interact with the stream. Many people using the service to go live, but iPhone users recently start facing an odd no audio issue when using an external microphone.
Many iPhone and iPad users reported the no audio issue with Facebook Live stream when using an external mic. The recent iOS 14.4 updates have not fixed the problem. So it seems that the no audio issue is a bug in the live stream function of the Facebook app for iOS.
If Facebook Live stream is not working with an external mic on your iPhone or iPad, check the workaround below. Until Facebook releases a fix for this particular issue, try any of the following two temporary methods to overcome the problem.
Steps to Fix Facebook Live Stream Not Working on iPhone/iPad
- Close all active apps on your iPhone/iPad.
- Open the Facebook app on your device.
- Start a live stream without connecting the external mic.
- After starting the live stream, plug the external mic into your device, and the no audio problem may fix.
If the above method doesn’t help you, then you can use apps like Streamlabs, iRig Recorder, etc., to fix the issue. Some users reported that the iRig Recorder works fine with the FB Live stream. Here’s how to use it.
1. Install the iRig Recorder app from the App Store and open it.
2. Turn on Background audio in App’s settings and start the Facebook live stream, leaving the iRig app working in the background.
The above two are known methods to fix the Facebook Live stream not working on iOS devices with an external mic.
- How to chat with Facebook Contacts from Instagram
- Workaround to fix iPhone take screenshots automatically after iOS 14 update
- How to get iOS 14’s SMS Filtering on Android
- Get iOS 14’s Camera and Microphone indicator on Android