Xiaomi Redmi 4A is an entry-level, feature packed Android smartphone. The device is now running on Android 7.1 Nougat and there is no chance to get Android Oreo update on it officially. However, you can get Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi 4A, unofficially though. Here is how to install Resurrection Remix (RR-O-v6.0.0) custom ROM onto the device.
The Resurrection Remix is one of the few custom ROMs that gives support for a wide range of devices. The latest version RR-O-v6.0.0 is based on Android 8.1 Oreo and available for a number of devices, including Redmi 4A. This build comes with a ton of features and customization options alongside native Android 8.1 Oreo features.
If you own a Redmi 4A and would like to install the Resurrection Remix custom ROM on it, then the below installation guide may help you. Before jump into the installation, keep in mind that the status of the ROM is nightly, but it is nearly stable and can be used as daily driver.
As you all know, to install custom ROM your device’s bootloader should be unlocked and latest version of TWRP installed on it. If not unlock your device (go here) and then flash TWRP (download) via ADB.
Before proceeding, back up all-important data you have on the phone. Also, ensure battery charge above 50% to prevent accidental shutdown while flashing.
How to Install official RR OS on Redmi 4A
1. Download Resurrection Remix (RR-O-v6.0.0 zip) from here (code-named rolex)
2. Download Android 8.1 compatible Gapps zip file from here.
3. Transfer both zip files to your phone’s storage.
4. Boot Redmi 4A into TWRP and create a back up of the phone
5. Choose ‘Wipe’ > Advanced Wipe and wipe Cache, System and Data partitions.
6. Now, choose ‘Install’ > navigate to ROM zip file and flash it. Once done, flash Gapps zip file as well and then reboot.
The first boot will take 5 to 10 minutes. Need help, let us know in the comment below.