Yuphoria will not get official Android 8.0 Oreo update, but its users can still enjoy the latest and sweetest Android Oreo with custom ROMs. Android 8.0 Oreo based LineageOS 15 unofficial build is now available for Yuphoria. You can download and install the ROM right now and experience Oreo features. If you are interested here is how to flash LineageOS 15 on Yu Yuphoria.
Developed by XDA member #Rohan, the unofficial LineageOS 15 build for Yuphoria is still in the development stage. However, most aspects of the ROM are working (such as, Audio, Camera, WiFi, RIL, Video recording, flashlight, etc) as expected, except Bluetooth. Interested users can test it out right now.
Keep in mind that the release of official LineageOs 15 nightly build is not yet announced. However, unofficial builds are obviously based on the source code available on Github. To get a more stable build, you have to wait till the official Nightly builds of Lineage OS 15 to arrive.
Here is how to download and install LineageOS 15 (Android 8.0) on Yu Yuphoria (lettuce).
1. For installing LineageOS 15 (unofficial), requires latest version of TWRP recovery installed on the handset. Also, it should be on the latest Nougat build.
2. Also, ensure at least 50% battery charge remaining on the phone.
3. Backup all data you have on the phone. Also, make a Nandroid back in TWRP recovery.
How to install LineageOS 15 (Oreo) on Yu Yuphoria
Disclaimer: This procedure will void your device’s warranty. Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
2. Transfer both files to your device’s internal storage.
3. Boot your device into TWRP Recovery (Press and hold Volume Down & Power Button together)
4. In TWRP, select Backup and create a Nandroid backup (Recommended).
5. In TWRP recovery, select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Clear data, Clear cache, Clear system.
6. Now, choose ‘Install’, locate the ROM zip file and swipe right to begin installing the ROM. Once done, flash the GApps zip file.
7. Now, select Wipe and wipe cache and dalvik cache to fix any bootloop issue. Finally, reboot your device.
You have now successfully installed LineageOS 15 on your handset. If you come across any issue during the installation process, leave it in the comment section below to get help. (Source)