The Secure Folder was one of the most secure features of Galaxy Note 7 that allows you to secure your personal files, videos, photos, contacts, and other personal stuffs separately, which can only access via fingerprint authentication or password. As you all know, the Galaxy Note 7 is no more now, but Samsung already confirmed that the Secure Folder feature would be made available to Galaxy S7 and S7 edge after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat.
Now, Galaxy Note 7’s Secure Folder app is available for download that you can install on your Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 running on Android 7.0 Nougat. Note that the app only works on Galaxy S7 and S7 edge. Also, note that Samsung not yet officially released the app on Play Store or Galaxy Apps store, but you can download and install its APK now.
“With the Secure folder, your apps and data are inaccessible and safely separated from the rest of the content on your device. This feature also offers one-time authentication, so you do not have to re-login over and over again”.
If you are new to Android operating system and Android app APK, read on to know how to manually install Secure Folder app apk on your Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge.
How to Install Secure folder on Galaxy S7/S7 edge
1. Update your Galaxy S7 or S7 edge to Android Nougat
2. Download ‘Secure Folder’ app APK from here and save it on your phone.
3. Head over to your phone Settings > go to Security > and enable Unknown Sources option.
4. Now, go to ‘Secure Folder’ app APK (you have saved on the phone) and tap on it install.
5. After installation, launch ‘Secure Folder’ and configure it to secure your files, photos, videos or any other stuff. (Source – Sammobile)