You can now update your Lenovo K6/K6 Power to Android 8.0 Oreo via LineageOS 15 custom ROM. Unofficial build of LineageOS 15 (based on Android 8.0 Oreo) is now available for Lenovo K6/K6 Power (code-named karate). Interested users can install the custom ROM right now and experience the all new Android 8.0 Oreo and its awesome features. Read on to know how to install Android 8.0 Oreo (LOS 15) on Lenovo K6/Power.
The LineageOS 15 (unofficial) for Lenovo K6/K6 Power is an initial Alpha build, which means the ROM includes some bugs that are not yet identified. Also, LED blink support and VoLTE isn’t implemented yet in this ROM. In other words, the unofficial LineageOS 15 ROM is not yet ready to be used as a daily driver on Lenovo K6/K6 Power.
In this guide we show you how to install LineageOS 15 (unofficial) for Lenovo K6/K6 Power. Except LED blink support and VoLTE all other things are working as expected, such as camera, RIL (Calls, SMS, and Data), Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, video, audio, sensors and GPS.
1. This ROM is for Lenovo Vibe K6/K6 Power. Do not try it on any other device.
2. At least 50% battery charge remaining on the phone.
3. Make backup of all important data you have on the device.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. This is recommended for technically talented users only.
3. Transfer all zip files to your phone’s storage.
4. Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode (Switch off, press and hold Volume down & Power button together).
5. In TWRP recovery, select ‘Backup’ and make a Nandroid backup (recommended)
6. Now, select ‘Wipe’ and then go to Advanced Wipe > select wipe cache, dalvik cache, system, data and swipe right to confirm it.
7. Now, go to main recovery menu, select ‘Install’, choose the ROM zip file and swipe to install it. Once done, select Gapps zip file and swipe to install it.
8. Once again choose ‘Wipe’, wipe cache, dalvik cache, and then reboot your device.
Your Lenovo Vibe K6/K6 Power will boot into LineageOS 15 (Android 8.0 Oreo). Setup and enjoy. Leave your views in the comment section below. (Source – XDA)