Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, the waterproof variant of Galaxy S4 is designed to protect against immersion in water up to one meter deep, which means you will be able to use the device in the rain without any fear of it becoming damaged. It comes with a 5-inch TFT screen, 1.9GHz quad core processor, 2GB Ram, 16GB Storage, MicroSD expansion slot and more.
Ok, if you did manage to get your hands on Galaxy S4 Active (International, GT-I9295) and just want to start having your way with it, here is how to root it using CF-Auto Root.
Note: Make a backup of your data. This guide is for advanced users only. We can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong.
- Samsung drivers installed
- USB Debugging enabled in your phone
- Odin3-v1.85 and CF-Auto Root Zip file Package for S4 Active GT-I9295 (Download from here. It includes both Odin3-v1.85 and CF-Auto Root file).
- Download CF-Auto Root Zip file Package on your computer and extract its content. You will get Odin3-v1.85 and CF-Auto Root file with .tar extension.
-Disconnect your phone if it connected to your PC, then turn off it and boot it into Download Mode (Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together and then press the Volume Up button)
- Run Odin and then connect your phone to the computer via USB cable. If drivers are not installed, allow the drivers to install.
- You should see the “Added!!” message on Odin, if you have properly installed the drivers for your phone.
- Now, in the Odin Menu, make sure to check the Auto-Reboot and F.Reset options.
- Click the PDA button in Odin and locate the TAR file (CF-Auto Root file) for your phone.
- Click the Start button in Odin and wait for a few moments. Your phone will automatically reboot.
Now your Galaxy S4 Active (International) is rooted and start having your way with it. That’s it!