Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 has received support from CyanogenMod. Here is the installation guide for everyone talks custom ROM, CyanogenMod 13 on Redmi Note 3 (Snapdragon Variant). Currently in Nightly build, the ROM brings Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, various new features and stock Android UI to the device.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 runs on Android Lollipop with Xiaomi’s MIUI software layer on board and offers good performance and features. However, if you prefer stock Android UI rather than Xiaomi’s heavily customized MIUI for Redmi Note 3, then you will like CyanogenMod 13 ROM. By flashing this ROM, you can experience various new features of Marshmallow and CM.
This guide lets you know how to get CyanogenMod 13 running on your Redmi Note 3 (Snapdragon Variant). Based on the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow, CM13 is currently a Nightly build, which means the ROM is released for testing purpose and may come across glitches while using it on your phone.
a) Backup all data you have on the phone before proceeding
b) The below mentioned file for Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon Variant only
c) Battery charge above 80% to prevent accidental shutdown while flashing
d) Unlocked bootloader, root access and TWRP recovery on the phone (guide)
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Though we are putting our level best to provide this tutorial at its maximum perfection and accuracy, we can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
1. Download CyanogenMod 13 ROM zip file (kenzo) [HERE] and save it on the phone
3. Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding ‘Volume Down + Power Button’ after switching off the phone
4. In TWRP recovery, make Nandroid back (use backup and restore option) to restore your current ROM
5. Now, select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and Data and swipe right to confirm the action. The process will wipe all your data, so backup before proceeding.
7. Once again, select ‘Wipe’ and wipe Cache & Dalvik cache to fix any boot loop issue. Finally, reboot your device.
The first boot will take long time to complete. Once done, setup and enjoy CyanogenMod 13 on Redmi Note 3. Leave your views in the comment section below (Source – CM).