The PA team has released Paranoid Android 7.2.1 (Android 7.1.2) for Xiaomi Mi 5. Custom ROM fans can now download and install the ROM on their Mi 5 and enjoy PA’s exclusive features like Color engine, Pocket Lock, Accidental Touch alongside Nougat native features. If you are interested, read on to know how to install Paranoid Android 7.2.1 custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5 and requirements for flashing the ROM.
Paranoid Android is one of the best custom ROMs available today for Xiaomi Mi 5 and the latest version (v.7.2.1) is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Paranoid Android 7.2.1 offers tone of new features, improved VoLTE feature, and it is also fully optimized to work well on the device.
In order to install Paranoid Android 7.2.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5, your device’s bootloader should be unlocked and latest version TWRP recovery installed on it. If you have not already done it, go Mi website here and unlock the bootloader and then download official TWRP from here and flash via ADB.
Back up every data you have on the phone before proceeding
Ensure at least 50% battery charge remaining on the phone
Paranoid Android 7.2.1 ROM zip files (pa_gemini-7.2.1-RELEASE-20170720-signed.zip) [Download]
Also Read: MIUI 9 features and release date for Mi 5
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Transfer the downloaded (link above) ROM zip and Gapps zip files to your phone’s sdcard.
2. Now, disconnect your phone from PC, switch off it, and then hold Volume Up & Power button until the “MI” logo appears, then release all buttons. You will enter into TWRP recovery.
3. In TWRP recovery, choose ‘Backup’ and backup entire system (recommended).
4. Now, select ‘Wipe’ then go to Advanced Wipe > select wipe cache, dalvik cache, system, data and swipe right to confirm it.
5. Now, select ‘Install’, navigate to /sdcard and select the ROM .zip package and install it. Repeat the same for installing Gapps package.
Once installation has finished, return to the main menu and select Reboot, then System. The device will now boot into Paranoid Android 7.2.1.
Set up and enjoy your new OS. Leave your views in the comment section below.