Lenovo K4 Note will not get official Android Nougat update, but still you can enjoy latest Android version via custom ROM like LineageOS on the handset. An unofficial version of LineageOS 14.1, which is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, is now available for Lenovo K4 Note. Interested users can download and install the ROM right now and enjoy Nougat features and several customizations on K4 Note.
In this guide, we show you how to update Lenovo K4 Note (A7010a48) to Android 7.1.1 Nougat via unofficial LineageOS 14.1 custom ROM. Lenovo K4 Note is capable for installing the latest Android version, so you can experience LineageOS 14.1 on it without any issue. Before we begin the installation, let us look at some of the features, which the ROM offers.
The ROM status is stable (LineageOS-14.1_V1.0-Stable) and do not noticed any major issues so far. All things are working well – Lineage boots, RIL, data, SMS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, hotspot, camera, audio, fingerprint and all sensors. However, like any custom ROM, you may come across some bugs.
Prerequisites for installing LineageOS 14.1 on Lenovo K4 Note:
– Root access and latest version of TWRP recovery installed on the phone
– At least 50 – 80 percent battery charge remaining on the phone
– Back up every data you have on the phone
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only
1. Download LineageOS 14.1 ROM zip file (unofficial) from here (source) and Android 7.2 compatible Gappas zip package (arm64/pico) from here. Copy the ROM zip file and Gapps zip file to your device external storage
2. Now, turn off your phone and boot into TWRP recovery (press Volume Up and Power button at the same time)
3. Once you are in the recovery, go to ‘Wipe’ > Advanced Wipe > and then wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache.
4. Now, go to ‘Install’, and then navigate to ROM zip file, which you have copied to external storage. After selecting, swipe to flash the ROM.
5. Install Gapps zip file in the same way.
6. Now, reboot your phone, set up your new ROM and enjoy.
Note that, the firs boot will take more time than usual, so stay patient. If you have any question with this guide, leave it in the comment section below. (Source – mohancm)