If you want to get everything back to how your Huawei Honor 4X was before, the simplest solution is unrooting and reinstalling stock firmware on it. Whether you want to sell your phone, recover from a serious problem, or feel nostalgic about stock ROM after installing a custom ROM, this is the simple solution. Restoring stock firmware returns your Honor 4X to its untouched, unrooted state.
The following guide will help you unroot and get your Huawei Honor 4X back to the stock ROM. Currently, Honor 4X (CHE2-L11) runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, so you have to download the official Lollipop firmware from Huawei and flash it. The whole process requires only a few minutes and easy following.
Before you start, do remember that you should take care about your personal data, as it will wipe everything from your phone. Before proceeding below steps, back up everything important on your phone.
Note: The fail-safe method to unroot the Huawei Honor 4x is reinstalling stock firmware back on it. The below mentioned file is the original software and by flashing it you return your phone to its untouched, unrooted state.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Download Stock ROM zip file for Honor 4X [HERE] on your computer (Honor 4X (Che2-L11) Firmware Che2-L11C636B360_Android5.1.1_EMUI3.1).
2. Unzip the ROM zip files using an app like 7Zip. Inside the extracted folder, you will get a folder named ‘dload’.
3. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable (Assume that your phone is able to receive files from your computer).
4. Copy the ‘dload’ folder from your computer and save it on the internal SD card. Place the file in the root directory (not inside a folder).
5. Now, disconnect your phone from your computer.
6. Turn off the phone and boot it into fastboot mode by holding down Volume UP, Volume Down, and Power buttons together.
7. The phone detects the ‘dload’ folder and its contents (update) and automatically starts flashing the stock ROM.
8. Once the installation process completed, reboot your phone.
Now you have successfully restored stock firmware on your Huawei Honor 4X. Now you have a box fresh phone with stock recovery. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below.