You may know what Hotspot Shield is. It is probably the most popular, free VPN service that secures and encrypts your online activities regardless of where you’re located.
You can check your mail, update Twitter, check up on your friends at Facebook or you can do anything online without being noticed by others.
However, on some machines you can’t connect Hotspot Shield because of some unknown reasons. Here is a simple solution by Patrick Soon, which may solve the problem.
- Install HotSpot Shield. After finishing the installation it will open the HotSpot Shield website in your browser. Copy this address from the Address bar of your browser and save it.
- If you get an error message stating that there is no connectivity, then follow as described below (for Windows XP).
- Go to: Control Panel – Network Connection – Local Area Connection – Properties
- In the General Tab un-check the box against Hotspot Shield Helper Driver and click Ok to save it.
- Close and reopen your web browser and copy and paste the address you previously saved in the address bar of your browser. Then press the refresh icon.
- The Hotspot Shield Website will now open and assign you an I.P address i.e. it will connect you. It should now work normally as before.