Nubia Z9 Max was launched with Nubia UI 2.8 (Android Lollipop) out of the box. Chances for getting the official Android 7.1.2 Nougat update is rare for this device. However, Nubia Z9 Max owners can enjoy Android Nougat with custom ROM like LineageOS 14.1. In this guide, we will walk you through how to install LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2) on Nubia Z9 Max (code named nx512j).
LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat) will bring tons of new features, lot of customization options and latest Android security patches (June 1, 2017) to Nubia Z9 Max. Users can experience revamped notification system, stock Android UI, multi-window mode, data saver mode, night mode, one-handed mode, better battery life and more with LineageOS 14.1.
Before start, note that the present status of LineageOS 14.1 is nightly, however there were no major bugs in this ROM.
However, since it is a nightly build, you may experience some unknown bugs. If you are ready to face few issues, head over to the installation instruction below.
– Your device bootloader should be unlocked
– Latest version of TWRP recovery installed on the phone (download from here and flash via ADB)
– At least 50% battery charge remaining on the phone
– Backup all important data on the phone
Also Read: How to change weather provider in Lineage Os
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. Boot Nubia Z9 Max in to TWRP (To do so, switch off the phone, press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons few seconds)
3. In TWRP, select ‘Backup’ and create a Nandroid backup (recommended)
4. Now, select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > select Cache, System and Data partitions > and then swipe to Wipe.
5. Go back to TWRP main menu, and then select Install. Navigate and select the LineageOS .zip file. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package.
6. Once the flashing process finishes, install Gapps package as well.
7. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.
Set up your new OS and enjoy Nougat features. Any question regarding this subject, leave it in the comment section below. (Source)