OnePlus has released OxygenOS Open Beta 16 for OnePlus 3 and Open Beta 7 for OnePlus 3T. This update offers optimizations and general bug fixes along with bug report feedback app. The bug report app helps users to send report about new crashes and bugs they find. OxygenOS Open Beta 16 and Open Beta 7 OTA update starts rolling out and you will get the update in coming days. You can also download and install the update manually. Check out the guide below.
OxygenOS Open Beta 16 and Open Beta 7 is still based on the Android 7.1.1 Nougat, but this beta channel enables users early access to new features. However, if you prefer stable version, OxygenOS 4.1.3 is the current stable version for OnePlus 3/3T and it is also based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Check out this guide to know how to install OxygenOS 4.1.3 on OnePlus 3/3T manually.
Main changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 16 and Open Beta 7:
– Enabled Bug report feedback app (User Feedback)
– Fixed duplicate Contacts after upgrading
– Fixed Contacts search function bug
– Fixed alarm clock occasionally not ringing
– Fixed certain app crashes
– Fixed some display issues with Dark and Light themes
– Optimized power consumption
– General bug fixes
If you are participating in the OxygenOS Open Beta program, you will receive the new update over the air (OTA) automatically. If you are not participating, you can download the full ROM and install manually via ADB sideload.
Note: This guide requires ABD and fastboot set up on your PC. Also, both device requires unlocked bootloader. Backup data before proceeding.
1. Enable ‘USB Debugging’ on your phone in Settings > Developer Options.
3. Switch off OnePlus 3/3T, press Power + Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
4. In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
5. Connect your OnePlus 3/3T to PC/Mac and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal
adb sideload File Name.zip
./adb sideload File Name.zip
[File Name.zip=OxygenOS Open Beta file name]
7. Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS (Android 7.1.1 Nougat).