OnePlus has recently released Android7.0 Nougat based OxygenOS 4.0 stable version and Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 3T. The OxygenOS 4.0 stable version will get on all OnePlus 3T via OTA update. As the firmware OTA update is rolled out in phases, it will take a week or more to get the update on every device. However, if you cannot wait for the OTA update or does not receive the OTA update due to network issues and other unknown reasons, you can download and install it manually.
In this guide, we show you how to update OnePlus 3T to Android 7.0 Nougat with OxygenOS 4.0 stable version. Though still in Android 7.0 Nougat (not Android 7.1.1), the OxygenOS 4.0 brings all important features, performance enhancements, extended battery life and latest Android security patches to OnePlus 3T.
Below are the some of the highlights of OxygenOS 4.0:
– Upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat
– New Notifications Design
– New Settings Menu Design
– Multi-Window View
– Notification Direct Reply
– Custom DPI Support
– Added Status Bar Icon Options
– Improved Shelf Customization
Now, if you cannot wait for the OTA update and prefer manual installation, then head over to the below guide. The process is very simple and takes a few minutes to complete.
Before start, note that OnePlus 3T should be running on the latest version of stock ROM to apply the Nougat update. Also, OnePlus 3T should be on stock recovery (not TWRP).
How to Update OnePlus 3T to Android 7.0 Nougat with OxygenOS 4.0 stable version Manually
1. Download OxygenOS 4.0 OTA update from here and save the zip file on your OnePlus 3T.
2. On your phone, go to Settings > Developer Options > and enable Advanced reboot.
3. Now, hold the Power button, select Reboot and then Recovery.
4. In recovery, select ‘English’ and then select ‘Install from local storage’.
5. Navigate to update zip file (you have saved earlier) and select it.
6. Wait 1-2 minutes for the installation to complete.
7. Once done, press back button, go to ‘Wipe cache’.
8. Once done, reboot your device and enjoy Android Nougat.
Let us know your thoughts about this update in the comments. (Source – OnePlus)