The recently launched Galaxy S4 is an amazing new smartphone from Samsung that comes packed with cutting-edge hardware and software. With exclusive software features such as Smart Pause, Smart Scroll, Group Play, S Translator, Air View, Air Gesture, S Voice & Drive and S Health, it features a lot more sensors and groundbreaking new functionalities such as temperature, humidity, barometer sensors, RGB Light Sensor, Finger Hovering, etc.
“Samsung Galaxy S4 is the most sensible smartphone ever, because it can detect and interact with a user’s face, voice, motion, and the surrounding environment”.
The below picture brings Samsung Galaxy S4’s sensors and its associated technology.
– Temperature, Humidity and Barometer Sensor: Brings users surrounding environment data.
– GB Light Sensor (Samsung Adapt Display): Measures the red, green, blue, and white intensity of the light source.
– Gesture Sensor: Recognizes the user’s hand movements using infrared rays.
– Face Recognition: Used for Samsung’s exclusive software features such as Smart Pause, and Samsung Smart Scroll.
– Finger Hovering: Measures electric currents that change when the user’s hand is in close proximity to the touch screen.
– Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, Geomagnetic Sense, and Gyro Sensor (Smart Rotation): These sensors are usually available on almost all smartphones.
Besides the above mentioned innovative features, the Galaxy S4 features a 4.99-inch 1920×1080 pixel Super AMOLED display, Exynos 5 Octa chipset, graphics by PowerVR SGX 544MP3 chip (there will be a second version with recently launched Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset), a 13MP rear camera, a 2MP front camera, NFC, 4G in certain markets and a 2,600mAh battery.