OnePlus starts rolling out OnePlus X OxygenOS 3.1.4 OTA update (Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow). No major changes though, this new update includes latest Android security patches (November), general bug fixes and system optimization for better performance. As the OTA (over the air) update is rolled out in phases, it will take few days to get the OxygenOS 3.1.4 update on your OnePlus X.
If you have issue updating your OnePlus X to OxygenOS 3.1.4 via OTA or cannot wait for the OTA update, you can download and install the update manually. Checkout the manual installation guide given below. To update OnePlus X to the latest OS version (3.1.4), it should be running on the latest OxygenOS 3.1.2.
What is new in the OnePlus X OxygenOS 3.1.4 update (2016-11-10)?
– Fixed launcher related crashes
– Updated Google secure patch for November
– Auto-brightness optimization
– General bug fixes
– Increased system stability
Experienced users can manually update their OnePlus X to OxygenOS 3.1.4 without waiting for the OTA. The 797 MB update file can be downloaded from OnePlus and flash it manually.
How to update OnePlus X to OxygenOS 3.1.4 Manually
1. Download OxygenOS 3.1.4 ROM Zip file [HERE] and save it on your phone’s internal memory.
2. Boot your OnePlus X into stock recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons together.
3. Choose ‘Install from local / Install from SD’, find your .zip file (you saved in step 1) and tap on “Install” to confirm installation.
4. Your phone should now update to the latset build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS.
OnePlus is expecting to receive feedback from users that will help the company to make the OxygenOS a better experience. (Source – OnePlus Forum)