Official LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.1) custom ROM is now available for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505. The development team just released the first LineageOS 14.1 nightly build for Galaxy S4 I9505 International variant (Snapdragon) as well as for Verizon Wireless Galaxy S4. If you would like to experience the all-new Android 7.1.1 Nougat and its awesome features on your phone right now, you can install the build via custom recovery.
If you are interested to try the LineageOS 14.1 on your Galaxy S4 I9505 (code-named jfltexx) and Verizon Galaxy S4 (jfltevzw), check out the below installation guide. Before start note that the status of the ROM is nightly, which means the ROM is unstable and includes bugs. If you are ready to face few issues, head over to the installation instruction.
LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.1 Nougat) brings various new features to enhance user experience. You will get multi-window mode, enhanced notification system, data saver mode, night mode, one-handed mode, better battery life, latest security patches and more on your Galaxy S4.
For installing LineageOS 14.1, your Galaxy S4 should be rooted and have installed latest version of TWRP custom recovery (3+).
Important Note: As always, backup any important file stored on your device before flashing the ROM. Also, do not forget to make Nandroid backup from custom recovery.
How to Install LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.1) on Galaxy S4
Disclaimer: This procedure will void your device’s warranty. Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. Transfer both zip files (ROM and Gapps) to your phone’s SD card.
3. Switch off Galaxy S4 and boot it into TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
4. In TWRP recovery, select ‘Wipe’ > Advanced > and clear cache, data and factory reset.
5. Then, select ‘Install’ and navigate to LineageOS ROM zip file and swipe right to flash. Repeat the same for flashing Gapps zip file.
6. Return to main recovery menu, select ‘Wipe’ and clear cache and data.
7. Finally, reboot your Galaxy S4. It will take 10 – 30 seconds for the first boot.
Once booted up, set up and Enjoy Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Keep in mind that, LineageOS 14.1 is still in works, so you will find many features missing in this build. Leave your views in the comment section below (Source)