The LineageOS team has extended its support for ZTE Axon 7 Mini. The first official build of LineageOS 14.1 has been released for the device, which brings Android 7.1.2 Nougat and various new features to the device. Custom ROM fans can download and install the build right now and experience features that the OS offers. Also, you can expect Android 8.1 Oreo based LineageOS 15.1 for Axon 7 Mini anytime soon.
The below guide describes how to install LineageOS 14.1 Nightly on ZTE Axon 7 Mini (code-named tulip). As you all know, installation requires unlocked bootloader and custom recovery (preferably TWRP) installed on the phone. If everything is ready, you can flash the custom ROM via TWRP.
Before start, note that this is nightly build, which means it is unfinished ROM. It may include few bugs and issues. However, previous experience shows that the nightly builds are usually reliable, if you are ready to face few issues.
How to Install LineageOS on Axon 7 Mini
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. Now, switch off the device, then press and hold Volume Up + Power to boot into TWRP.
3. In TWRP, select the Backup button to create a backup (recommended).
4. Now, select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe. Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
5. Go back to return to main TWRP menu, and then select Install.
6. Navigate to /sdcard, and select the LineageOS .zip package. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package.
7. Install Gapps package using the same method.
8. Once done and before rebooting, select Wipe and wipe cache & dalvik cache and then reboot your device.