CyanogenMod Installer is a new tool from CyanogenMod team, which helps anyone, even novice for installing CyanogenMod custom ROM safely and easily on his or her phone. Traditionally installing a custom ROM has been a potentially complex affair, requiring the user to find a ROM suitable for their phone, root and unlock their device, and then use a dedicated app to flash it.
CM Installer makes all that process hands-free and lets anyone to install CyanogenMod ROM, the most famous and well established of all custom Android ROMs on their device.
Here is how to use CM Installer.
Warning: The below guide will wipe your phone’s data, so backup everything before performing the process.
1. Download and install CyanogenMod Installer on your device from Play Store and the PC client on your Windows PC (download link at the end of this post).
2. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable (use OEM cable). Run the app on your device and enable ‘USB Debugging” mode and “Camera (PTP)”mode.
3. Now, run the CM Installer in Windows. It will automatically update and then detect your connected device (active internet connection required).
4. Now, click “Install” button in the PC program and follow the instruction on your device.
5. The installer will now start downloading ROM package and recovery image for your device. Once the downloading completes, you will see the CyanogenMod blue bot on the screen.
Your installation is now complete and your device will restart. Enjoy new ROM on your device.