Samsung Galaxy Note 5 owners can now enjoy Samsung Galaxy S8 features via Galaxy S8 Port ROM. The custom ROM features all the possible goodies of Samsung Galaxy S8+, such as new experience UI, Always on Display (AOD), animations, S8 camera port, Bixby, system menu and more. The Galaxy S8 Port ROM is based on Android 7.0 Nougat and includes March Android security patches. If you are interested, check out the installation guide below.
Based on the Galaxy S8+ leaked firmware and Galaxy Note 5 Nougat firmware, the Galaxy S8 Port is responsive, fast and battery friendly. It brings Galaxy S8’s features and some other goodies as well. If your Galaxy Note 5 is rooted and have installed latest version of TWRP recovery, then you can try the custom ROM. However, remember that the ROM is not fully stable.
Note that users need to flash the Galaxy S8 Port ROM and supported kernel to get all the features of Galaxy S8. With the included Aroma installer, tech-minded people can choose what they want on their Galaxy Note 5.
Note: This ROM is built for Galaxy Note 5 N920 variant only. Do not try it on other Note 5 variant.
Important: Before flashing the ROM, backup all data and EFS folder. Also, ensure at least 50-70% battery charge remaining on the phone.
Installation Instruction for the Galaxy S8+ Port ROM on Galaxy Note 5
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users
1. Download Galaxy S8 Port and supported kernel from source [HERE]. Save both file on your handset’s external storage.
2. Now, turn off your device and boot into TWRP recovery.
3. Select ‘Wipe’ > Advanced wipe > select Dalvik, System, Data, Cache and then swipe to wipe.
4. Once done, back to recovery menu, select ‘Install’
5. Navigate and select the Galaxy S8 port.zip file for flash. Your device will enter into Aroma installer. Select the features you want, then start the installation.
6. Once done, flash the kernel also. Finally, reboot your device and enjoy.
If you see kernel is not seandroid enforcing, it is normal because developer uses new SELinux stuff. To get more details about this ROM, discussion and installation instruction, head over to this XDA thread. (Source – XDA)