Meizu has released first public beta of Android 7.0 Nougat based Flyme OS 6 for a range of Meizu smartphones, which includes Meizu M3s, M3 Note, M2, M2 Note, MX5, and 10 more. Meizu smartphone owners can experience the latest Android Nougat, new interface and several value added features by flashing Flyme OS 188.8.131.52G beta. Check out the below guide to know how to download and install Flyme OS 6 on your Meizu phone.
Based on the Android 7.0 Nougat, Flyme 6 Public Beta version (Flyme 184.108.40.206G beta) currently supports 15 Meizu devices, which is a good thing. Flyme 6 Public Beta supports Meizu M3 note, M3s, MX6, M2 Note, MX5, PRO6, M3 Max, MX4, M1 Note, MX4 Pro, PRO5, U10, M3E, M2, and PRO 6 Plus. For full changelog of the new firmware, head over to this page.
Since Flyme 6 OS is a public beta, anyone can download and flash it. If you are excited to try out the upcoming Flyme OS 6 (Android Nougat) and if your device is in the support list, then check out the installation guide. However, note that since it is a beta build, you may face issues while using your phone.
In the below guide we will explain how to install Flyme OS 6 (Android 7.0 Nougat) on Meizu M3s, M3 Note, MX5, and other Meizu devices. Backup every data you have on the phone before proceeding with below steps.
How to Install Flyme OS 6 on Meizu phone
Note: This is beta build and includes bugs, so it cannot be used as a daily driver. Back up data before proceeding.
1. Download Flyme 220.127.116.11G beta (update.zip) for your device from here.
2. Transfer the update.zip file to your phone’s memory.
3. Turn off the phone, press Volume up and Power button until the phone vibrates and then release the two buttons.
4. The system will enter into the upgrade window. Select System upgrade, and tap on the Start button. Wait until the flashing is complete.
5. Once the flashing process is finished, your phone will reboot into the new OS. Enjoy!
Any question? Leave it in the comment section below (source – meizu)