Recently Motorola rolled out Android 8.0 Oreo update for Sprint Moto Z2 Force through OTA. If you haven’t updated yet, here is how to download and install the Android Oreo update file (OCX27.109-48) on Sprint Moto Z2 Force manually. This can be helpful, if you are out of Wi-Fi coverage area or having trouble updating through OTA (over the air). You can also use this to restore stock firmware.
For your information, Moto Z2 Force at Verizon, T-Mobile and A&T has already been updated to Android 8.0 Oreo. If you own a Moto Z2 Force at Sprint, then here is how to install the update manually on it. Thanks to XDA member ilia3367 for sharing the update file (OCX27.109-48).
Installing Oreo update manually on Sprint Moto Z2 Force is a straightforward method. All you need to execute a bat installer file, but require knowledge on ADB and fastboot.
Note for newbie: We strongly NOT recommend this method to update your device to Oreo, as it may brick your device. Wait for the official OTA update, which is always safe and secure to install.
Guide to install Oreo update on Sprint Moto Z2 Force
– Make backup of important files before proceeding.
– Setup ADB and fastboot driver on your PC
– Download Android 8.0 Oreo firmware (NASH_SPRINT_OCX27.109-48_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip) from here, which weighs 2.18GB.
– Download .BAT installer (NASH_SPRINT_OCX27.109-48.zip) from here, which weighs 1.14KB.
– Enable OEM Unlocked and USB Debugging in your device.
– Unzip the downloaded firmware zip file and save all the content where ADB is installed.
– Unzip the Installer zip file also, copy the ‘NASH_SPRINT_OCX27.109-48.bat’ file to the folder where you saved the firmware file.
– Connect your device to your PC, open a command window/terminal on your PC and run the command:
adb reboot bootloader. This will reboot your device into bootloader mode.
– Now, double click the BAT file ‘NASH_SPRINT_OCX27.109-48.bat’. This will start installing the Oreo firmware.
Once the installation process completes, your device will reboot. If you need any assist with this, let us know in the comment.