Own a Google Play Edition HTC One or Galaxy S4? Google started rolling out the OTA update for both the devices, so now you can enjoy the very latest version of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and its new features on your device. It’ll take sometimes to complete the update, however, If you can’t find the update on your device, try below described trick.
The Android 4.3 Jelly Bean brings features like Bluetooth Smart, OpenGL ES 3.0 for better 3D graphics, dial pad auto-completion, improved multi-user support, security and network enhancements, working IR blaster, Bluetooth tethering, etc.
You can try to manually ping the download servers by going to Settings > About phone > System updates > Check now. If that not worked, try below method.
1. First, Put your device in Airplane mode.
2. Go to Settings -> Apps and swipe to the All Apps tab.
3. Locate the ‘Google Services Framework’ from the app list.
4. Tap on it and proceed to tap the Force Stop option, followed by Clear Data.
5. Still in Airplane mode, connect your device to Wi-Fi network and the go to Settings > About phone > System updates > Check now.
Note: There is no guarantee that it’ll actually work. Also, the update for Samsung build for the Galaxy S4 weighs in at 150.7MB while the HTC One’s is a but heftier at 185.5MB.
Warning: You may come across sign in issue in your Google Account and Play Store. In that case, remove your account and re-enter your Google account to fix the issue.