Huawei P9 Lite Android 7.0 Nougat (EMUI 5.0) update is now live in many regions, such as Asia, UK, Europe, Middle East, Russia and Latin America. If you have not updated to your Huawei P9 Lite to latest version of EMUI 5.0 (Android Nougat), then take a look at the guide below to know how to download and install the update manually. The guide covers all P9 Lite variants – VNS-L31, VNS-L21, and VNS-L23.
Huawei P9 Lite Android 7.0 Nougat (EMUI 5.0) update comes with the firmware build number B384, B389, B370 and B386 based on region and variant. To install the firmware update on your P9 Lite, you should know its model number and cust version. Flashing wrong firmware will brick your device.
Important information: The manual method requires some technical skill, so if you are an inexperienced user and did not received the OTA update notification, it is recommend to download Huawei’s HiCare app from Play store, which lets you install EMUI 5.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat on your P9 Lite without any trouble.
The Android 7.0 Nougat based Emotion UI 5.0 (EMUI 5.0) brings a brand new UI which is simple, smart and powerful. New features like App twin, app drawer, smart notification, eye comfort mode and simplified gestures will enhance user experience.
It will also include improved system performance, customizations and ensures enhanced security for user privacy, mobile payment, communication, and app usage.
Download Nougat Update for Huawei P9 Lite
1. Download the correct update.zip package from the link above and unzip it.
2. On your phone’s internal storage, create a folder and name it ‘dload’.
3. Transfer the ‘update.app’ file (extracted from update.zip file) in to the dload folder.
4. Now, dial *#*#2846579#*#* from your phone dialer. You will get the software upgrade menu.
5. Select Software Upgrade > SDcard Upgrade and then select and run the update.
6. Once the update process finishes, reboot your phone.
1. Download correct ‘update_data_full_hw_xxxx.zip’ file from the link above and unzip it.
2. Copy all the extracted files, including update.app file and paste them to the dload folder on your phone (Replace the previous update.app)
3. Dial *#*#2846579#*#* from your phone’s dialer and select Software Upgrade > SDCard Upgrade and then confirm the installation.
4. Once the process is finished, reboot your phone.
Now, your Huawei P9 Lite should be running on the Android 7.0 Nougat based EMUI 5. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below.