LG G2 has received official CyanogenMod 13 support. CM 13, which is based on the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow, offers many new features like new animations, Doze mode, etc. plus CyanogenMod’s own features to LG G2. Current status of the ROM is nightly, so it is not as bug-free as a snapshot release.
This guide lets you know how to get CM13 running on your LG G2 international variant. CyanogenMod 13 is based on the Android 6.0 Marshmallow and in its current status, it is not as stable as it should be yet. However, CM nightly builds are typically reliable that many users do not mind facing a few issues.
Installing CyanogenMod 13 on your LG G2 is simple if you have already rooted your device and have latest version of TWRP recovery on it. Beginners may follow the guide below to know how to install CM13 on LG G2.
Disclaimer: Follow the guide at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage that occurs. The guide is intended for technically talented users only.
2. Save both CM13 ROM zip file and Gaps zip file to your LG G2’s SD card.
3. Reboot your phone into TWRP recovery. To do so, switch off your phone and hold Volume down & Power buttons. When the LG logo appears, release the buttons and then press them again. Then, press the Power button three times.
4. In recovery, select backup and restore option, and then make a backup of your current ROM.
5. Now, perform wipe data/factory reset, cache partition and dalvik cache. Select ‘Wipe’ option to perform the wipe.
6. In recovery, tap on Install and select the CM13 zip file. Then, slide the button on the bottom to start the flashing process. Do the same for Gapps as well.
7. Before rebooting, once again wipe cache partition and data, and then reboot your phone.
The first boot will takes little more time. Once booted up, set up your phone and enjoy Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If you come across any issue, leave it in the comment section to get help.