Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon users can now enjoy Android 6.0 Marshmallow with everyone talks custom ROM CyanogenMod 13. Official CM team has released nightly build of CyanogenMod 13 for Verizon Galaxy S3 (d2vzw) that you can flash via custom recovery. Galaxy S3 international variants did not have the CM13 until now.
This guide lets you know how to get CyanogenMod 13 running on your Verizon Galaxy S3. Based on the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow, CyanogenMod 13 is currently a nightly build, which means the ROM is released for testing purpose and may come across glitches while using it on your phone.
Installing CyanogenMod 13 on your device is not as simple as downloading an application and running it. There are number of steps you have to follow, but we can help you make things a lot easier. However, we are assuming that you have already rooted your Galaxy S3 and installed latest version of TWRP recovery on it.
How to install CyanogenMod 13 on Galaxy S3
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Though we are putting our level best to provide this tutorial at its maximum perfection and accuracy, we can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
Note: Before you start, make sure you have a stock system image to flash back to. Make a system backup from TWRP recovery before proceeding.
2. Save both CM13 ROM zip file and Gaps zip file to your S3’s SD card.
3. Reboot your Galaxy S3 to TWRP recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home, and Power button few seconds.
4. In recovery, perform a full wipe (cache, dalvik cache, data/factory reset) by selecting ‘Wipe’ option.
5. Now, flash CM13 and Gapps. To do so, select ‘Install’, navigate to ROM zip file and swipe to confirm flash. Repeat the same for Gapps as well.
6. Before rebooting, once again wipe cache partition and data, and then reboot your phone.
The first boot will takes around 10 – 20 minutes. Once booted up, set up your phone and enjoy Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If you come across any issue, leave it in the comment section to get help.