The CyanogenMod team has released CM 11 Nightly build with support for all variants of Moto X 2013. You can install this ROM on all unlocked variants of Moto X 2013 edition and enjoy all the goodies that the CyanogenMod ROM offers. This installation guide shows you how to flash CM11 nightly on your Moto X.
Previously, the CM 11 Nightly build for Moto X was available under ‘moto_msm8960dt’ name and some other variants under different names, but now it is unified and available under a single category called ‘ghost’. This ROM supports all the unlocked variants of International GSM models, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint and US cellular Moto X.
For your information, CyanogenMod is one of the best custom ROMs for your Android phone. It brings many welcome tweaks and customizations, and it is very responsive and faster. CM 11 Nightly build is based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat. You can install this ROM easily on any Moto X phone that has been rooted, and a custom Recovery such as CWM or TWRP installed.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended for technically talented users only. Please follow this guide at your own risk. Though we are putting our level best to provide this tutorial at its maximum perfection and accuracy, we can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong.
Warning: Do not install this ROM on Verizon, AT&T or Republic Wireless Moto X with locked bootloader.
Please note that this is a nightly build of CM 11 ROM, which means it is experimental and unstable, so it may contain bugs. Install it at your own risk.
a) Moto X bootloader must be unlocked
b) Moto X must be rooted and custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
c) Backup every important data as well as create a Nandroid backup from recovery, so you can restore them in case anything goes wrong.
Instruction to flash CM 11 ROM via Recovery:
1. Download the CM 11 ROM zip file from here (it is official unified build for all unlockable variants of the Moto X).
3. Copy both CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file on the root of internal storage of Moto X.
4. Switch off the phone and boot it into Recovery mode by holding down Volume Down & Power buttons simultaneously.
5. From recovery, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
6. Now, go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
7. After flashing the rom, once again select “Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
8. Once the process is completed, perform full data wipe. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on the next screen to confirm the operation.
9. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu and select reboot system now. The device will now boot into CyanogenMod.