There is little chance to get Android Nougat based eUI 6 update on LeEco Le Max 2 officially. However, Le Max 2 owners can enjoy Android Nougat on their device by installing the unofficial build of eUI 6. What is more, this custom ROM works on all Le Max 2 variants, such as X820, X821, X822 and X829. If you are interested, read on to know how to flash the ROM.
In this guide, we show you how to install unofficial eUI 6.0 (Nougat) ROM on LeEco Le Max 2. Thanks to the XDA developer KuranKaname, the eUI 6 ROM will bring Android Nougat and its features to the device. Though this is an initial build, most aspects of the ROM are working as expected. Users can use it as a daily driver, if ready to face few issues.
Known issues of EUI 6 custom ROM:
– Fingerprint and body sensor
– Installation APK directly from USB
– Everything else that users find
If you would like to install the unofficial eUI 6 ROM on LeEco Le Max 2, then following things are required. Its bootloader is unlocked, custom recovery like TWRP installed on it and have root access.
Also, backup everything important on the phone and ensure at least 50-60% battery charge remaining on the phone before proceeding with the installation of the ROM.
How to Install Android Nougat based EUI 6 on Le Max 2
2. Save the downloaded ROM zip file on your phone’s storage.
3. Now, boot your device into TWRP and make Nandroid back up (recommended).
4. Once completed, select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > and select Cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and wipe it.
5. Once completed, select ‘Install’, navigate to ROM zip file and select it. Swipe to flash the ROM.
6. After completing the installation, reboot your phone and enjoy! (Source)