Not every person knows what a VPN is, but it is worth knowing this technology as it has an impact on Internet security. What is a VPN and which VPN should you choose?
What is a VPN?
A VPN, or “Virtual Private Network”, is a virtual network that enables safe data transmission and ensures safe connection to the Internet. Thanks to a VPN, it is also possible to protect privacy on the Internet.
So: VPN stands for Virtual Private Network and it is a technology that guarantees private and safe use of the Internet around the world. How is it possible?
How Does a VPN Work?
A VPN creates an encrypted tunnel for data and thus protects online identity and hides IP address. This allows to be safe when using the internet from public Wi-Fi Hotspots.
A VPN is a fully virtual, cable-free solution. This makes it impossible to connect inside the network and other devices cannot join the VPN. This is important information that guarantees safety. Importantly, such a solution ensures the confidentiality of transmitted and downloaded data. This is also important because Internet users want to be sure they are protected and anonymous online when they want to.
A VPN ensures that all operations are encrypted, and thus every person can safely use the Internet – anywhere in the world. And how does a VPN behave when trying to intercept data?
VPN – How it Reacts to Data Theft Attempts?
If you try to intercept data with a VPN, only coded, incomprehensible information that is impossible to read without the appropriate key will be available.
The VPN is private and can only be accessed by its users and no one else from outside. Thanks to this, anyone who uses the network can safely exchange files, transfer documents, download attachments, read e-mails, etc.
What Does A VPN Do? How VPN Works?
Using a VPN is not complicated or time consuming. So what do you need to do to use a VPN?
You must download and install the appropriate VPN software. Then you need to create an account and connect to the selected server. However, there are important rules to keep in mind when choosing a VPN:
- When choosing a VPN, it is worth paying attention to how many installations can be made on one license – if you have several computers at home or at work.
- The speed of operation is also very important – so it is worth checking if the VPN does not slow down the data transfer.
What are the Advantages of Virtual Private Network – VPN?
1. A VPN network ensures a safer use of the Internet – anywhere in the world and at any time.
2. A VPN is a closed network, which means that only its users can use it. Thanks to a VPN, other users cannot track network activity, steal passwords or important data. With a VPN, the risk of someone stealing your data is very small.
3. A VPN provides protection against hackers. Thanks to this, their attacks are impossible.
Thanks to encrypted operations, VPN also protects against corporations and other entities that can potentially steal important data.
4. A VPN enables access to corporate data – in any place and situation. When important company data is on the network, having a VPN is necessary if you need access to the collected information. Then connect to the network.
5. It is not safe to use Wi-Fi in parks, cafes and other public places. The fact that it’s free means that someone will be eager to peek at it. But by connecting to a VPN, this is prevented. This is another argument for choosing a VPN.
6. A VPN is helpful when you travel abroad for business or on vacation.
7. A VPN allows you to use the Internet while on a business trip or traveling. E.g. when you are abroad, you can set the location as “UK” and read UK websites and websites from anywhere in the world.
8. A VPN network makes it possible to use the Internet even in countries with censorship and limited access to the network – e.g. in China. Then you can set VPN in your country and check messages and use social media.
A VPN is essential to stay safe online – anywhere in the world, at any time. This is necessary to protect yourself and your data as well as important professional information.
Source: VPNPerf.net and guide: What is a VPN? 8 tips on how to choose a VPN to stay safe online.