Xiaomi has released MIUI 9 8.1.11 Global Beta weekly update for all supported devices and the good news with this release is that Mi 6 officially receives Android 8.0 Oreo via this update. If you own Mi 6 runs MIUI 9 7.12.14 Global Beta, then you will get the Android Oreo (MIUI 9 8.1.11 Global Beta) OTA (over-the-air) update. Below is what is new in this update and how to flash it manually.
There are not many changes in MIUI 9 8.1.1 Global Beta ROM update, but it brings Android 8.0 Oreo to Xiaomi Mi 6. Highlighted features of this update are sound recording options for Screen recorder, new quick dial feature, and new format for floating notifications in the landscape mode.
MIUI 9 Global Beta is now available for Mi MIX 2, Redmi Note 4/Redmi Note 4X, Mi 6, Mi Note 2, Mi 5, Mi 5s/5s Plus, Mi Max/Max Prime, Mi Max 2, Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi 3, Redmi 3S, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 2, Redmi 4/4X, Redmi 4A, Redmi Note 5A/Y1 Lite, Redmi Note 5A Prime/Y1.
Full Changelog MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11:
– New format for floating notifications in the landscape mode
– Brand new homepage of Mi Apps with visual and UI effect highly enhanced
– Press and hold a button on the dial pad to quick dial a number
– Sound recording options for Screen recorder
– Weather info is not aligned in notification & status bar in landscape mode.
– ‘Mobile data’ label is misaligned in Restrict data usage settings
– Black screen appears and then lock screen is displayed
MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11recovery and fastboot ROMs are available for all supported devices. If you are already on Global Beta ROM, then you can download the Recovery ROM and install manually.
If your device runs on other OS version or older MIUI ROM, you should download and install Fastboot ROM, which will also wipe data from the device.
How to Install MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM
1. Download MIUI 9 Global Beta 8.1.11 ROM (recovery/fastboot) for your phone from here.
2. Now follow this installation guide.
(Source – MIUI)