Microsoft has just released Consumer Preview of the next major release of Windows operating system codenamed ‘Windows 8’ and available for download from Microsoft. Windows 8 is designed to be the first Windows OS that runs on both Arm systemonchip CPU (as today’s tablets do) as well as on traditional x 86 chips from Intel or AMD.
Microsoft has made dramatic changes to this new operating system’s looks and functions. Windows 8 features a Metro style grid of tiles that are arranged into customizable group, new Metro Start Screen with apps that work as tablet apps and display well on smaller screens with touch interfaces, Cloud integration, built-in PDF Reader and more.
Windows 8 Consumer Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows 7. Below are the minimum requirements of hardware to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher
- To use touch, you need a tablet or monitor that supports multitouch
- To access Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768. To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768
You can download Windows 8 Consumer Preview with activation key from Microsoft.