It seems that Sony is expanding its ‘Concept for Android’ program to more devices. The ‘Concept Installer’ app for Sony Xperia X (F5121, European variant) brings Android 7.0 Nougat to Xperia X. Sony’s ‘concept for Android’ is a recent take on Android and has some significant differences from Sony’s official or customized version of Android. Read on to know how to participate in the ‘Concept for Android’ program.
Sony Xperia X (F5121) users can test out Android 7.0 Nougat on their device by installing the ‘Concept Installer’ app. After installing the app, users can register for the ‘Concept for Android’ program to get the new software. The concept ROM is entirely different from Sony’s official Android OS. It brings near stock UI along with some of Sony’s most popular features and apps.
Sony’s latest concept for Xperia X includes the followings:
1. A sneak-peek at some of the latest features that will be part of future Xperia products
2. Android 7.0 Nougat, which includes new native features such as multi-window support and improved notifications
3. Access to Sony’s inTouch community, providing direct access to Sony’s software engineers and a chance to influence development and coming releases
Important: Before get start, read this FAQ, which will help you get started with Sony’s Concept for Android program.
Note: The concept ROM will not affect your warranty, but will remove all user data from the phone. Backup every important data you have on the before installing Sony concept ROM
1. Your device should be Sony Xperia X (F5121) European variant
3. Open the app, tap on ‘Get started’ and register for the program.
4. Once you have registered in the app, you will receive a software update notification (usually within 24 hours), enabling you to install the new Concept software on your device.
Once you have installed the Concept software, Sony encourages you to access the community via the inTouch app and continue your Concept discussions there. (Source: Sony)