After several days of beta testing, finally Samsung starts rolling out stable build of Android 7.0 Nougat update for Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. Currently available for Nougat Beta testers, all Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge owners will get the OTA update in the coming weeks. Devices running on the Nougat beta version, the update (build number NRD90M.G935FXXU1DPLT) just weigh 215MB.
Though still in Android 7.0 Nougat (not Android 7.1.1), the update brings all important features, new Experience UI, performance enhancements, extended battery life and latest Android security patches (January 2017) to Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. As the OTA (over-the-air) update is rolled out in phases, it will take one or more weeks to get the update notification on all phones.
Features of Android 7.0 Nougat for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge:
– Upgrade the device to Android 7.0 Nougat
– Provides new UX and various performance mode
– Improved usability of the Notification feature and Quick Settings button
– Improved usability of Multi-Window mode
– Improved settings menu and AOD features, addition of Samsung pass feature
– Efficient space for installation of downloaded apps
– Improved speed system upgrade and app installation
If you have not received the update notification for Android 7.0 Nougat on your Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, check it manually by going to Settings > Software Update > Software manual download. If update found, download and install.
If you have issue updating the OTA due to network trouble, out of Wi-Fi, or any unknown reasons, we will provide manual installation guide when the firmware became available for download.
Have you received the Android 7.0 Nougat update on your Galaxy S7 or S7 edge? Let us know your experience with the new OS in the comments. (Source – Sammobile)