Xaiomi starts rolling out MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global stable ROM for Redmi 4A with various optimizations and bug fixes. The new update (V22.214.171.124.MCCMIDL) includes new swipe to delete lock screen notification, new battery saver switch for notification shade, new home screen settings menu and few other new features. The incremental OTA update (MIUI V126.96.36.199. MCCMIDL) starts rolling out and will reach on Redmi 4A in the coming days. Users can also download and flash the MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global stable ROM manually.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A is the newest, entry level, but feature packed smartphone. The new MIUI 184.108.40.206.MCCMIDL update will improve system performance and will fix many bugs found in the previous MIUI 8.2 build. The MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global stable ROM recovery and fasboot images are now available for download for manual installation.
Highlights of MIUI V18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 4A:
– New swipe to delete lock screen notifications
– New UI adjustments for toggles
– New battery saver toggle for notification shade
– New home screen settings added to the settings menu
– New antivirus scans for the apps installed not from Google Play
– Optimizes lock screen PIN layout
– Optimizes changed icons for USB charging and switching keyboards
– Optimizes floating notifications won’t appear in DND mode
– Fix for notification shade issues during incoming call floating notifications
– Fix for Wi-Fi page made the device freeze when it was opened for the first time
– Fix for notification shade issues
– Fix for issues with opacity after using third party themes
– Fix for the first notification could not be removed by a swipe
– Fix for landscape mode issues with third party themes
– Fix for part of UI for deleting apps was not visible on light backgrounds
– Fix for minor adjustments for animations in the Launcher
Note: If you have not received the OTA notification on your device yet, check it manually by going to Settings > About Phone > System updates > Check for update.
Tech-savvy users can download MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM for their Redmi 4A from below and install it manually.
Note: The below given file is for Redmi 4A only. They are not for Redmi 4 and Redmi 4 Prime.
Flash Recovery image via System Update
1. Download 126.96.36.199.MCCMIDL ROM (link above) and save it on your Redmi 4A’s internal memory.
2. Launch the ‘Updater’ app on your phone, tap on 3 horizontal dots (…)at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’ and then select the ROM file you have saved.
3. Your device will start updating and will reboot after finishing the update.
Flash Fastboot ROM via Fastboot Update
Note: Backup important data you have on the phone before flashing. If you flash from Developer ROM to Stable ROM, please wipe all data, otherwise, it might cause serious incompatible issues like FC, no network etc. (Source – MIUI Forum)