OnePlus has released OxygenOS open beta v13/v4 for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T with several new features like new launcher, redesigned app drawer, automatic night mode, gaming do-not-disturb mode as well as bug fixes and optimizations. If you are participating in the OnePlus Open Beta program, you will receive the latest version via OTA (over-the-air), if you have not already. Fresh users need to download the full firmware and flash it by ADB sideload.
Besides upgrading to Android 7.1.1 Nougat, the OxygenOS Open Beta 13 for OnePlus 3 and Open Beta 4 for OnePlus 3T includes several value added features and visual enhancements. Google Pixel style launcher with app shortcut, gaming DND to prevent accidental touch on capacitive buttons, Secure Box for file encryption and optimized touch latency are the few notable changes in this update.
Below are the main changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 13 and OxygenOS Open Beta 4.
– All new launcher, added support for shortcuts on Android 7.1.1
– Redesigned app drawer
– Redesigned UI for launcher settings
– Added status bar icon option to display real time network speed
– Added Notification Denoising
– Added Gaming Do Not Disturb mode
– Added automatic Night Mode
– Added Secure Box for file encryption
– Optimized touch latency
– Optimized camera EIS for videos
– Improved contacts management with linking and merge functions
– Added quick pay option for India
– Bug fixes and general improvements
While most new features are self-explanatory, some needs description. OnePlus details all the new features for user covariance. For example, the ‘Notification denoising’ feature let you grant only the most important apps and their notifications the ability to interrupt you. The ‘Gaming DND’ mode locks the capacitive and home buttons while gaming to prevent accidental touch. You can see more details OnePlus 3.
If you are already participating in the Open Beta program, you will receive the update over the air (OTA) automatically. If you are not participating, you can download the ROM and install manually.
Note: This guide requires ABD and fastboot set up on your PC. Also, both device requires unlocked bootloader. Backup data before proceeding.
2. Switch off OnePlus 3/3T, press Power + Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
3. In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
4. Connect your OnePlus 3/3T to PC/Mac and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal
adb sideload File Name.zip
./adb sideload File Name.zip
[File Name.zip=OxygenOS Open Beta file name]