OnePlus has released OxygenOS Open Beta 9 (Android 7.0 Nougat) for OnePlus 3 with new features and bug fixes. This new build is an upgrade to the existing OxygenOS Open Beta 8, so if you are running on the Open Beta 8, you will receive this update via OTA (over-the-air). Fresh users need to download the full firmware and flash it by ADB sideload.
Besides stability and performance optimizations, the Android 7.0 Nougat based OxygenOS Open Beta 9 brings expanded screenshots functionality to OnePlus 3. Also, this new build improves battery performance on OnePlus 3. However, the Open Beta 9 build is still based on Android 7.0, so there is no upgrade to Android 7.1.1 Nougat just yet.
What is new in OxygenOS Open Beta 9 for OnePlus 3?
– Added Expanded Screenshots
– Shelf Design Optimizations
– General UI Optimizations
– DPI Optimizations
– Battery Performance Optimizations
– Stability and Performance Optimizations
– General bug fixes
If you are interested to try out the OxygenOS Open Beta 9 (Android 7.0 Nougat) on your OnePlus 3, check out the guide below.
Note: If you have not installed the OxygenOS Open Beta 8 on your OnePlus 3, you need to download the Open Beta 9 full firmware (1.3GB) and flash it manually. Backup all data on the phone before proceeding.
How to Flash OxygenOS Open Beta 9 on OnePlus 3
1. Set up ABD and fastboot on your PC [Guide]
3. Download OxygenOS Open Beta 9 for OnePlus 3 from here and save it inside the ADB installation folder.
4. Now, switch off OnePlus 3, press Power + Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
5. In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
6. Connect your OnePlus 3 to PC/Mac and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal
adb sideload File Name.zip
./adb sideload File Name.zip
7. Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS. (Source – OnePlus)