OnePlus released a new software update for OnePlus 3/3T under Open Beta channel. OxygenOS Open Beta 29 for OnePlus 3 and Open Beta 20 for OnePlus 3T come with a handful of new features, bug fixes, improvements and December 2017 security patches. While, the OEM has released OxygenOS 4.7.6 update for OnePlus 5T under stable channel and started Oreo Beta testing on OnePlus 5T
The Android Oreo based OxygenOS Open Beta 29 /20 update includes a new Note app, OTG toggle in Quick Settings menu, new weather widget and latest security patches (December 2017). If you are already on Open Beta channel, you will receive the OTA (over-the-air) update in the coming days. Alternatively, download and install the update manually.
Below is the full changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 29/20:
Notes (New OnePlus app)
– Take notes quickly and simply
– Share notes as picture
– Memo widget on Shelf is editable
– Enhanced copying and editing ability
– New weather widget
– Added large files category
– Speed improvements while deleting massive files
– Added OTG toggle in Quick Settings
– Added notification when 3rd party apps delete contacts
– Updated Android security patch to December
– General bug fixes and improvements
If you prefer manual installation, OxygenOS 29/20 Open Beta full firmware is available for download. You can install the ROM manually on OnePlus 3/3T as given below.
How to Download and Install OxygenOS Open Beta Manually
Note: This guide requires ABD and fastboot set up on your PC. Also, both devices require unlocked bootloader. Backup all data before proceeding.
2. Enable ‘USB Debugging’ on your phone in Settings > Developer Options.
3. Switch off OnePlus 3/3T, press Power + Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
4. In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
5. Connect your OnePlus 3/3T to PC/Mac and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal
[File Name.zip=OxygenOS Open Beta file name]
7. Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into new OxygenOS . (Source – OnePlus)