OxygenOS Open Beta 2 (Android 8.0 Oreo) for OnePlus 5 has been released with a host of bug fixes, improvements and November 2017 security patches. The update improves Camera UI, fixes Launcher issues, improves Reading mode, fixes Reboot issue in PIP Mode and more. Recently, OnePlus 3/3T has got new Oreo Beta update with number of fixes, new additions and stability improvements.
OnePlus 5 runs OxygenOS Open Beta 1 will get the Beta 2 update via OTA. Others need to download the full firmware and flash it manually as described below. OxygenOS Open Beta 2 update is now available for download, which you can use to install manually on your device. Below is what is new in this update.
OxygenOS Open Beta 2 changelog:
– Fixed widget issues
– Fixed shortcut issues
– UI Improvements
– Added f4v format in video category
– Speed improvements while deleting massive files.
– Improvements to Reading Mode
– Improvements in vibration
– Improvements in Bluetooth audio
– Fixed Parallel apps bugs
– Fixed reboot issue when using Picture in Picture
– Updated Android security patch to November
– General bug fixes and stability improvements.
Although the firmware status is Beta, it is almost stable and reliable, so users can use it as daily driver. However, install it at your own risk.
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo Based OxygenOS Open Beta 2 on OnePlus 5
1. Download OnePlus 5 Open Beta 2 full firmware package from above link.
2. After downloading the firmware on your computer, follow this installation instruction.