OnePlus has released OxygenOS Open Beta 18 and Open Beta 9 for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. This is mainly a bug fixing update and includes OnePlus community app version 1.9. If you are participating in the open beta program, you will receive the OTA (over the air) update in the coming days. Other OnePlus 3/3T users can download and install OxygenOS Open Beta 18/9 manually. Check out the guide below.
OxygenOS Open Beta 18 and Open Beta 9 are still based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and include fixes for many area of the system. The update includes fixes for occasional duplicate notifications, inaccurate battery percentage, and certain display issues with OnePlus font, camera issues and more.
What is new in OxygenOS Open Beta 18 (OnePlus 3) and Open Beta 9 (OnePlus 3T)
– Updated OnePlus Community App to V 1.9
– Fixe for occasional duplicate notifications
– Fixe for expanded screenshot duplicate stitches
– Fixe for app locker
– Fix for inaccurate battery percentage
– Fix for certain display issues with OnePlus Font
– Fix certain display issues in the weather app
– Fix for camera occasionally unable to open
– Fix for sending files with 3rd party apps via hotspot
– Fix for inaccurate displayed network speed when activating hotspot
OxygenOS Open Beta enables users’ early access to new features. The latest version is still based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and if you are interested here is how to download and install OxygenOS Open Beta 18/9 manually on your OnePlus 3/3T.
2. After downloading the firmware on your computer, follow this installation instruction.
Note: If you prefer stable version, then stick on the OxygenOS 4.1.6 (current stable version) for OnePlus 3/3T which is also based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. (Source – OnePlus)