OnePlus has released OxygenOS 4.0.3 (Android 7.0) update for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T with fixes and optimizations. However, there is no mention about the recent bootloader vulnerability fix for OnePlus 3/3T. If your devices is running on the most recent OxygenOS 4.0.2 update, the OxygenOS 4.0.3 OTA update should hit on your OnePlus 3/3T within a week or more.
Apart from OxygenOS 4.0.2 update, the new update includes optimized Wi-Fi Smart switch, enhances camera app stability, updated APN settings for select carriers, includes Amazon Prime app, and more. If you cannot wait for the OxygenOS 4.0.3 OTA pdate, you can download the OTA or full ROM and flash manually. Check out the guide below.
Below are the main highlights of OxygenOs 4.0.3 update.
– Optimized Smart Wi-Fi Switcher, if turned on, device will switch to data connection if Wi-Fi signal is consistently poor
– Fixed crashes for Line
– Increased stability of the Camera app
– Optimized exposure when taking night time photos
– Updated Audio Parameters and improved the quality of audio recordings
– Updated APN settings for select carriers
– Amazon Prime App will be pre-installed for India Users
Known issues of this update and fixes
– Wi-Fi disconnections: If you experience frequent Wi-Fi disconnections, please go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure Wi-Fi (Top right hand corner) > Scroll to bottom of the page and check the IP address format (IPv4 = Single line, IPv6 = Multiple lines)> If the IP address is IPv6 based, then turn off the IPv6 Support toggle and see if the disconnections stop.
– If you experience frequent Wi-Fi disconnections due to switches between Wi-Fi and data, please try turning off the Smart Wi-Fi Switcher at Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure Wi-Fi and see if the disconnections stop
Note: Before updating your phone to OOS 4.0.3, make a backup of every data you have on the phone before proceeding with below steps. Also, ensure at least 70% – 80% battery charge remaining on the phone.