After being rolled out the Android 8.0 Oreo OxygenOS Open Beta 1 to OnePlus 5, the company now starts rolling out the update to OnePlus 5T as well. All users’ runs on previous OxygenOS Open Beta build will receive the OTA (over the air) update, other users have to flash it manually via ADB Sideload method. Below is what is new in this update, download link and installation guide.
Android 8.0 Oreo based OxygenOS Open Beta 1 will bring all the native features of Oreo, such as Picture in Picture (PIP) mode, Auto-fill, Smart text selection, new Quick settings design, and more. Also, the update includes December 2017 security patches, OnePlus launcher enhancements, and more.
What is new OxygenOS Open Beta 1?
Updated to Android O (8.0)
Added Picture in Picture
Added Smart Text Selection
New Quick Settings design
Updated Android security patch to December
Optimized the app shortcut style
Combine icon options with app shortcuts
Now able to upload photos to Shot on OnePlus
Although in beta channel, it seems that the firmware is almost stable and reliable to use. Interested users check out the manual installation.
How to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo OxygenOS Open Beta 1 on OnePlus 5T
Note: This guide requires ABD and fastboot set up on your PC and your phone’s bootloader unlocked. Backup all data on the phone before proceeding.
1. Download OnePlus 5T Open Beta 1 full firmware package from here. Save the file inside the ADB installation folder.
2. Enable ‘USB Debugging’ on your phone in Settings > Developer Options.
3. Switch off the phone, press Power + Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
4. In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
5. Connect your phone to PC/Mac and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal
[File Name.zip=OxygenOS Open Beta file name]
6. Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS (Android 8.0 Oreo). (Source – OnePlus)