OnePlus push out another OxygenOS based Android 8.0 Oreo update for OnePlus 5 via the stable channel. The new OxygenOS 5.0.1 update does not include any major features. This is just a hot fix update and includes fixes for third party camera application and network issues for European operators. The OxygenOS 5.0.1 OTA update just weighs 45MB and as usual it will take a few days to complete the roll out.
The new OxygenOS 5.0.1 update includes all features of the previous OxygenOS 5.0 update alongside hotfix. The release note does not mentioned anything more about the OxygenOS 5.0 hotfix, but it seems that it will fix all issues found in the OxygenOS 5.0 update, like issues with alarm, vibration, etc.
Below are the highlighted features of this update:
– Bug fixes for third party camera application
– Fixed network issues for European operators
OnePlus 5 users who would prefer manual installation, latest OxygenOS 5.0.1 OTA update file and full ROM are available for download. Below are prerequisites for installing the ROM and step-by-step guide.
– If OnePlus 5’s bootloader is unlocked, this OTA update is likely to fail.
– Relock the bootloader and backup all important data before proceeding.
– Ensure at least 50-60% battery charge remaining on the phone.
Manual Installation instruction
OTA Update Method:
1. Transfer the download OxygenOS 5.0.1 OTA update file to your phone’s storage.
2. Now, go to Settings > System updates > Menu (tap on the cog icon).
3. Select ‘Local upgrade’ and choose the ROM zip file.
4. Finally, select ‘Upgrade Now’, which will start installing the update.
5. Once the installation process has completed, your phone will reboot automatically.
Full ROM method: