After being rolled out the OxygenOS 4.5.2 update a few days back, OnePlus has released yet another update for OnePlus 5 with a bunch of optimizations and bug fixes. The new OxygenOS 4.5.3 update fixes Wi-Fi drop issues, expanded screenshot display issue as well as includes optimization for camera, system stability, etc. The incremental OTA update starts rolling out, as well as official firmware is now available for manual installation.
OnePlus 5 is a recent flagship (just a week old device) and the OxygenOS 4.5.3 is the second update come to the device. Besides Wi-Fi and expanded screenshot display issue, the new update also fixes issue with Google Translate. The update also optimizes camera effect and its stability, auto-brightness adjustment and accuracy of data usage statistics.
Highlights of OxygenOS 4.5.3 (Android 7.1.1) update for OnePlus 5:
– Expanded screenshot display issue
– Google Translate stutters
– Wi-Fi occasional drops
– System stability improvements
– Camera effect and stability enhancements
– Effects of auto-brightness adjustment
– Accuracy of data usage statistics
As usual, OxygenOS 4.5.3 OTA update is rolling out in phases, so it will take a few days to get the update on all devices. Alternatively, you can download and install the full firmware manually. Check out the guide below.
How to install OxygenOS 4.5.3 update Manually on OnePlus 5
1. Make sure you have all necessary ADB files installed on your computer
2. Download OxygenOS 4.5.3 full firmware (1.58 GB) from here and save the zip file where ADB is installed.
3. Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, shut down your device and turn it back on while holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
4. Choose “Install from USB” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
5. Connect your device to PC/Mac, run following command in command prompt / terminal
adb sideload FileName
./adb sideload FileName
Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically. (Source – OnePlus)