Recently, OnePlus 3/3T has got updated to Android 8.0 Oreo with beta version of OxygenOS 25/16, but if you prefer stable version of the OS, OnePlus just released new OxygenOS 4.5.1 with general bug fixes and stability improvements. OnePlus 3/3T runs OxygenOS 4.5.0 will get the new update via OTA and as it rolling out in phases it will take few days to complete the roll out.
OxygenOS 4.5.1 is still based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and according to changelog, the update features only general bug fixes and stability improvements. The update is expected fix app crash and battery life improvement on the device. The OTA (over the air) update weighs around 38MB and keep the previous security patch level (September 2017).
If you have not got the OTA update, check it manually by going to Settings > System Updates > Check for OTA updates. To get the OxygenOS 4.5.1 OTA update early, you can use Opera VPN app and setting the location to Germany or Canada.
Users can also download the full ROM and flash manually (download link and installation guide given below).
OnePlus 3: Download OxygenOS 4.5.1 full ROM from here
OnePlus 3T: Download OxygenOS 4.5.1 Full ROM from here (coming soon)
How to Install OxygenOS 4.5.1 Update on OnePlus 3/OnePlus 3T
1. Setup and ADB and fastboot driver on your computer, if you have not it already on your PC
2. Save the downloaded firmware zip file in the adb installation folder.
3. Enable ‘USB Debugging’ on your phone by going to ‘Developer Options’ menu.
4. Turn off the phone and boot into stock recovery mode.
5. Choose Install from ADB Sideload, then connect your phone to your PC.
6. Go to the ADB installation folder (where ROM file is saved) and open a command window from there.
7. Issue the command ‘
adb devices’ to check your connection
8. If your device is listed, then issue the below command to flash the ROM:
adb sideload FileName.zip
[Replace the FileName.zip to original filename]
9. Once the installation process is finished, reboot your phone. (Source – OnePlus)